EBIA prepares a diverse group of students to be successful in college and to be thoughtful, engaged citizens who are leaders and innovators in a 21st century global world.
Goals & Core Beliefs
EBIA is rethinking how schools are run and structured, so that they better reflect the needs of a 21st century world. Most schools have not changed their structure, organisation, facilities or instruction in over 50 years. While schools have not changed, our world has, leaving many of our schools, even the “best” ones, behind. EBIA offers a powerful option for Oakland families and educators to build a diverse school that addresses the needs of the 21st century and beyond.
- Develop leaders who work together and take ownership of their own learning experiences.
- Offer families a 21st century program that provides a new and innovative educational experience for students.
- Increase the number of students who excel in math, technology, and innovation so they can become leaders in a new, quickly changing economy.
- Hire talented educators who are excited to use their skill and creativity to innovate upon traditional learning models.
- WE BELIEVE IN POSSIBILITY AND PERSEVERANCE
- All students will achieve at the highest levels and be prepared for success in college and career. We value courage, action, and hard work.
- WE BELIEVE IN CREATIVITY AND CURIOSITY
- Students will work together with critical and creative minds. We value exploration, perspective, and determination.
- WE BELIEVE IN COMMUNITY
- Students, parents, teachers, school leaders, and board members will take responsibility for all students’ success. We value relationships, kindness, integrity, and respect.
- WE BELIEVE IN THE GREATER GOOD
- EBIA will teach students about social justice and civic responsibility. We value giving back to the community and improving our school, our community, and our world.
- WE BELIEVE IN DIVERSITY
- Students will prepare for society and the workforce by working with and appreciating those who are different from themselves.