- About Our School
- Lower School (Grades 6-8)
- Upper School (Grades 9-12)
- Family Resources
- Get Involved
- Donate Now
Prospective Families Start Here
EBIA is an innovative public charter school that values diversity and is open to all students in the bay area. We are now accepting applications for grades 6-12 for the 2024-2025 School Year!
2023-2024 Information Sheet
EBIA is a rigorous college preparatory public school with a Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math (STEAM) focus that personalizes instruction through use of technology and project based learning. Students will learn to design, build and deliver solutions, create and publicly defend digital portfolios of their work, and learn the social emotional skills required to collaborate and lead in a diverse, rapidly changing world.
Applications for the 2024-25 School Year are now open! Open Enrollment Closes February 27th, 2024 at 11:59pm
Public Drawing will take place March 5, 2024, 10 AM at our Lower School Campus (3400 Malcolm Avenue, Oakland CA 94605). Please join us via zoom.
If you would like to view a video tour of our campuses take a look below:
Virtual Facility Tour:
- Sign-up for an in-person Tour: NEW DATES- NOW AVAILABLE!
- Click here to sign up for a tour
Please view videos about EBIA here.
If our tour dates do not work for you please email us and we can work to schedule a time that works for you and your family.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Schoolmint helpdesk info email@example.com or 855-957-3535
Admission Policy – 2024/25 School Year
The following overview provides a detailed description of EBIA Admission Criteria, Enrollment Preferences, and Admission Lottery and Admission Priority.
Provided space is available, EBIA will admit all students who wish to attend the Charter School. No test or assessment shall be administered to students before acceptance and enrollment.
The Charter School asks that all interested students attend an information session to provide students and families an opportunity to learn more about EBIA’s programs.
Students wishing to attend EBIA must follow the Charter School’s admission procedures with respect to completing applications, and enrollment forms and documents by the announced deadlines.
Admission, except in the case of a public random drawing, shall not be determined by the place of residence of the pupil or his or her parent or legal guardian within the state.
Late applications for admission will result in the loss of opportunity for admission and enrollment preferences. (See EBIA Random Public Drawing details below.) However, late applications will be saved in case the school waiting list is completely exhausted.
Late return of enrollment documentation, following notification of admission, will result in loss of place on the admission priority list as determined by the results of the annual EBIA Random Public Drawing. Students may be placed at the end of the waiting list.
EBIA is not religious in its programs, admission policies, and operations, and does not charge tuition or an application fee, or discriminate against any student based upon any of the characteristics listed in Education Code Section 220.
EBIA complies with all laws establishing minimum and maximum age for public school attendance in charter schools.
EBIA’s open priority application deadline for the 2024 – 2025 school year runs from October 1, 2023 –February 27, 2024 (11:59pm)
At the end of EBIA’s annual open enrollment period (October 1, 2023 – February 27, 2024) EBIA will count all completed applications to determine whether any grade level has received more applications than availability. If the number of students who wish to attend EBIA exceeds our capacity, attendance, except for existing students who are guaranteed admission in the following school year, shall be determined by a public random drawing for each grade level conducted in advance of the academic semester. According to EBIA’s admissions policy, in the case of a public random drawing admission preference shall be given to the following students in the following order.
- Children of EBIA employees, the EBIA Board of Directors, and EBIA Founding Families identified in the initial.
- Children of staff, board, founders will not exceed 10% of total enrollment.
- Siblings of students admitted to, or attending the Charter School.
- Students who are currently enrolled in, and students who reside in, the public elementary school where the Charter School is physically located, will be given an admission preference, with a 5:1 weighting factor, or as otherwise agreed upon with the authoriser.
- Residents of the District participating in the random public drawing will be given a 4:1 weighting factor, or as otherwise agreed upon with the authoriser.
At the conclusion of the public random drawing, all students who were not granted admission due to capacity shall be given the option to put their name on a wait-list according to their draw in the drawing. This wait-list will allow students the option of enrollment in the case of an opening during the current school year. The wait-list DOES NOT carry over to the following school year.
The random public drawing will take place within 21 days of closing the open enrollment period. For the 2024-25 school year, application/drawing forms must be received by February 27, 2024 at 11:59PM, and the lottery will be held on March 5, 2024. EBIA plans to hold the random public drawing at EBIA at 10am on Tuesday 3/5/24. Due to current restrictions, join online via Zoom.
- Before holding the random public drawing, EBIA will communicate how many openings are available per grade level on the EBIA website, eastbayia.org and will communicate that information to all Fall 2024 school applicants.The random public drawing shall draw names from pools of ballots differentiated by grade level.
- Beginning with the highest grade, the ballots shall be drawn by a Charter School administrator or Board
- The drawing shall continue until all names for that grade level are drawn.
- Those individuals whose names are drawn after all spaces have been filled will be placed on the waiting list in the order drawn.
- Potential students on the waiting list shall provide contact information to be used in the event space becomes available, on their application/drawing forms. Families promoted off of the waiting list shall be informed by telephone and in writing and shall have a maximum of seven (7) calendar days to respond. In addition, the Charter School shall attempt on at least two separate occasions to contact the parents/guardians of promoted students by telephone. Those families not responding within the maximum response period will forfeit their right to enroll their student in the Charter School for that school year.
- Applicants need not be present at the random public drawing to enroll.
- Applications received after the close of open enrollment will be added to waitlist after the random public drawing, in order received, and will be contacted for enrollment when the EBIA wait list is exhausted.
- All applicants will be notified of random public drawing results, and results will be posted in the EBIA Schoolmint site
- Applications will also be able to contact EBIA to ascertain an individual student’s status on the waiting list.
Information Nights - Please register for our Information Nights so we can plan accordingly. The Zoom Link will be sent out in advance - ONLY to those who register for the virtual information night.
|Zoom Link or Location
|Lower School Virtual Information Session
|Click Here For Information Session
|Upper School Virtual Information Session
|Click Here for Information Session
|2/13/2024 @ 6pm
|Lower School In Person Information Night
|3400 Mountain Blvd. Oakland, CA 94605
|2/15/2024 @ 6pm
|Upper School In Person Information Night
|3800 Mountain Blvd. Oakland, CA 94619
Tours - Middle School Tours are at 10am High School Tours are at 11am am and last for 30-45 minutes. All tours should be RSVP'd on the form Here
|1/16/2024 @ 10am
|Lower School Tour # 7
|1/17/2024 @ 11am
|Upper School Tour # 7
|1/30/2024 @ 10am
|Lower School Tour #8
|1/31/2024 @ 11am
|Upper School Tour #8
|2/06/2024 @ 10am
|Lower School Tour #9
|2/07/2024 @ 11am
|Upper School Tour #9
|2/13/2024 @ 10am
|Lower School Tour #10
|2/14/2024 @ 11am
|Upper School Tour #10