- About Our School
- Lower School (Grades 6-8)
- Upper School (Grades 9-12)
- Family Resources
- Get Involved
- Donate Now
Experiential Learning at the Lower School
What is Intersession?
- A pause in our regular academic program
- STEAM-centered, hands on, curriculum aligned projects
- An opportunity to engage in design thinking
- A combination of virtual and in-person activities
Why does EBIA have Intersession?
- To support students in engaging with their broader Oakland community
- To provide opportunity for students to explore activities and find their passions
- College and career readiness
Intersession occurs three times a year (Fall, Winter, and Spring) for 1 week at a time and is designed as an opportunity for students to engage in different enrichment and hands-on learning with partner organizations while teachers are in professional development.
EBIA has partnered with organizations such as Get Empowered, CALshakes, Bird and Bee Education, CuriOdyssey, RAFT, CodeFu, Mycelium, Videos for Change, Live Talk with professionals.
These organizations contribute focused enrichment in science, math, coding, music, art, dance, fitness, theatre, identity and/or career development and more!